YoMIND helps students
connect with their bodies and harness their minds
so they can rise above the stress of their lives and thrive.
YoMIND emphasizes the practice of mindful movement and focused breathing practices
at short intervals throughout the day to strengthen the ability to direct focus, manage stress and regulate emotions.
YoMIND encourages students to embrace “kindness as a superpower”. We scientifically show how being kind
can help optimize brain function. We teach compassion for self and for others, both on and off the yoga mat.
YoMIND teaches that each of us has the ability to train our own minds, consciously direct our focus, and shift our perceptions
so that we can interact with and respond to the world in a favorable way---one that is in alignment with our own personal values.
New Videos Released!
We are happy to announce our recent video collaboration with JusTme, hip hop artist & mindfulness/yoga instructor.
This summer the YoMIND team headed to the Las Vegas desert to film a music video for JusTme's new single, "I'm Inspired".
We also filmed a series of 7 short mindfulness exercises for all ages that can be used in the classroom or at home.
And the best news is...these videos are FREE for everyone! We encourage you to share the videos on social media and use them whenever you need a moment to relax yo'mind. If you are a teacher or school administrator, please consider using them in the classroom to give you and your students a short 'brain break' during the day (research here on why this works!). If you would like JusTme to visit your school or have him provide a virtual "Classroom Kick-it", go to JusTmindfulness.com to learn more.
Inspired to Get Involved? Here's how:
1. Watch the videos with your students, co-workers and friends.
2. Share the videos on social media.
3. Bring JusTme to your school for a live performance or a virtual "Classroom Kick it".
4. Contact Libby about an Optimize YoMIND workshop or demo class for your students/staff.
5. If you are a teacher, play the videos in your classroom.
6. Make a tax deductible donation through the Ashland Schools Foundation to help us to create more resources! Be sure to write "YoMIND Video Production" in the comments.
6. Email Us about more ways to collaborate!
7. Most importantly, remember kindness is a superpower, choose love always, and take care of yo'mind!
"Optimize YoMIND" Workshop offered by Libby Edson
Description: Optimize YoMIND is an experiential and informative weekend workshop combining the gentle yoga, mindfulness and neuroscience education being offered in the schools by Libby Edson. This program is for all ages and all levels of practitioners and will be geared towards educators, parents and those wishing to volunteer/work with YoMIND to bring much needed mindfulness and neuroscience education into our schools and communities. For a flyer and more information, click here. Days and times are flexible.